Huron County Sheriff's Website Banner
Home   Sheriff Corbin   Staff   Civil   K-9   Road Patrol   Jail Roster  
Concealed Carry   Sheriff's Sale   Sheriff's Sale FAQ   Civilian Fingerprints   Contact  

Huron County Sheriff's Office
255 Shady Lane Drive
Norwalk, Ohio 44857
Phone: (419) 668-6912
Non-Emergency: (419) 663-2828

Like Us On Facebook

Huron County Jail
Phone: 419-668-1996
Click here for the current Jail Roster

Huron County Sheriff's Office Jail Photo 2

Inmate Visitation Schedule
Effective Monday, June 12, 2017

A Pod      5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Dorm 1    5:30 pm to 6:00 pm

B Pod    5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
G Pod    5:30 pm to 6:00 pm

C Pod      5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Dorm 2    5:30 pm to 6:00 pm

E Pod    5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
F Pod    5:30 pm to 6:00 pm

D Pod       5:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Dorm 3    5:30 pm to 6:00 pm
Dorm 4    6:00 pm to 6:30 pm

All visitors must be on their inmate�s visitation list prior to the visit to be permitted. There are no exceptions. Visitor�s names will not be added at the time of visitation.

Visitor�s reporting for visitation 10 minutes after the scheduled start time will not be permitted to visit. Please report for visits as scheduled above.

Jail FAQ

How do I leave money for an inmate?
You can deposit money for an inmate by visiting our kiosk at the Huron County Sheriff's Office and deposit cash or use your debit/credit card. You may also go online to to to deposit money or call (866) 345-1884 (24 hours a day).

What company do you use for your commissary?
You'll find more information by visiting
To add money onto a commissary account please call 1-866-345-1884.

How do I post bond and where?
If it is during normal business hours, you post bond at whichever court the charges were filed through, i.e. Norwalk Municipal Court, Common Pleas Court, etc. If it is after normal business hours, the bond for charges filed out of Juvenile and Common Pleas Court can be posted here at the Sheriff's Office. If the bond was through Norwalk Municpal Court, after hours payment can be made at Norwalk Police Department.

How can I talk to an inmate on the phone?
For Pre-Paid Accounts, please call 1-888-506-8407.
For Debit Accounts, please call 1-888-888-8413.
To set up an account please visit

What property can I drop off or retreive from an inmate?
The only item we allow to be dropped off for both male and female inmates are their medications. Female inmates only are also allowed up to three white sports bras and an unopened new package of white briefs.

What can I send in the mail to an inmate?
You can mail letters and a maximum of 5 pictures.

This site was designed by Kyle Knight Media in Sandusky, Ohio.